mPay Gateway, is a payment system interfaced with your existing practice management systems that secures payment from patients before they leave the office.
With the current shift to consumer-driven health care, patients are now responsible for a larger portion of their total health care payments. It is estimated that physicians receive only fifty cents of every dollar billed to patients after they leave the office. This results in an industry-wide total of $300 billion* lost each year to patient non-payment.
mPay Gateway's retail payment process:
- Secures deductible and co-insurance payment at the time of service
- Eliminates bad debt
- Eliminates statements
- Is simple and easy to implement
mPay Gateway is a PCI and HIPAA compliant web-based software application which enables the collections of the patient's obligation at the point of service.
mPay Gateway leads the industry with a proprietary software to manage patient payments at a Check-In or Check-Out counter. Its virtual card swipe terminal is easily interfaced with any practice management system to eliminate duplicate entry.
It allows clinic staff to perform the following transactions at point of service or any other time:
- Immediate Settlements for all known dollar amounts such as co-payments and outstanding balances.
- Delayed Settlements™ for deductible and co-insurance obligation. mPay Gateway quickly calculates the patients' maximum out of pocket obligation and captures the patient's authorization for that amount. Final settlement then can occur automatically when the insurance company's remittance advice is issued. This process results in patient collections without paper statements.
- Advance Payment Plan™ allows practices to obtain recurring payments from patients for large dollar obligations and past due amounts. mPay Gateway's unique delayed settlement technology enables the provider to establish a payment plan with the patient without waiting for insurance adjudication. Once the relevant remittance advice is issued, Advance Payment Plan™ will then automatically adjust the recurring payment to match the final obligation.
- Messaging to Patients Post settlement mPay Gateway can send a post mailed or e-mailed notice to a patient with a summary and explanation of the final settlement transaction.